Monday, March 2, 2009

Men and Women: A Difference

I’m Facebook friends with the wife of one the mister’s oldest friends. They’ve been friends since diapers, basically.

I was perusing some of this lady’s recently posted photos and I saw a bunch of her son’s baptism. In a lot of the pictures were friends the mister and this couple share (including some of his ex-girlfriends).

I called across the living room to the mister, “Hey, were you invited to Guido* and Anna’s baby’s baptism?”

He answered in the negative.

“Well, it looks like everyone else they know was.” I showed him the pictures to prove it. “See, there’s your skanky ex-girlfriend. And there, that’s Matt and Dave. Everyone but you got invited.”

He shrugged and went back to eating ice cream.

And that is one of the major differences between men and women. If I saw a bunch of pictures from a party that all of my friends were invited to but I didn’t know about, I would be very, very hurt. And pissed. And I would call other friends to complain, wondering what I had done to piss off the people that had left me off the guest list. I probably would have stewed for a couple of days, done something stupidly passive-aggressive, and maintained a small grudge for several months.

But the mister, upon finding out he wasn’t invited to party, could not have cared less. Slurping ice cream off his spoon, he smiled and said, “This way, I didn’t have to come up with a gift.”


* Names changed. His name in real life is just as Italian, though.

1 comment:

NGS said...

I'm with you. I would have been really upset and called all my friends to figure out what the strategy should be to overcome my hurt feelings.

The guys probably have it figured out, though!!