Monday, December 28, 2009

Open Letter

Dear 2009:


Don’t take this the wrong way, but I am eager to see the last of you.

You’ve been a rough year, full of unpleasant surprises, bad moments, poor timing, hopelessness, sadness, defeat, and worry.

Fights. Car accidents. Break-ups. Deaths. Disappointed hopes. Lost jobs. It’s been rough on a lot of people this year.

I mean, you provided some joy. There’s been new love and wedding planning for K, a new job and the hope of custody of her niece for my friend MJ, the end of a life-sucking relationship for my brother, and there have been other moments of hope.

But overall, you haven’t been the best year and I’m ready for you to be gone.

Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

2 comments:

MOLLY said...

Amen sister. 2009 was such a bitch to you.

Pickles and Dimes said...

A-fricking-men.

I hope 2010 more than makes up for 2009 for you.