Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Door-Knocking in Numbers

Times in the past two weeks I have been trapped in my kitchen because I wasn’t wearing pants and there were missionaries or political campaigners at the door: 3

(NB: the two escape routes from my kitchen involve going through the living room or the dining room, both of which are visible from the front door, thus requiring me to advertise that (1) I am home and avoiding the knock, and (2) I am pantsless.)

Number of pudding cups consumed while hiding in the kitchen in my underwear: 2

Times the door-knocker was so persistent I ended up yanking on a pair of the mister’s garage pants (thoughtfully left on the kitchen floor for me to deal with) to answer the door: 1

Times the door-knocker turned out to be a conservative Republican: 1

Times I told the door-knocker, snorting with laughter, “boy, did you pick the wrong house:” 1

3 comments:

Chris said...

YES! Love that last one. :)

Swistle said...

Hee! We recently did a little remodel on our house, and I am so grateful that now our front door is no longer a top-half-windowed thing opening into the kitchen.

Pickles and Dimes said...

HAHAHHA. We had that same politics thing happen during the election.