Monday, October 20, 2008

One for the record books

I am accident prone. If there is a way to get hurt, I will find it. I stumble on level ground, I walk into stationary objects, and I drop everything. I have fallen out of chairs, spilled coffee, taken facers in public, slipped in icy parking lots, lost shoes on escalators, and managed to get hurt pretty much every way possible.

But this morning is shaping up to be one for the record books. I was running a copy of something and leaned over to get a paperclip. My hair, which is in desperate need of a trim, landed on top of the paper in the feeder tray at the top of the copier. Then it got sucked in.

This is probably the one time I will ever be grateful for that evil machine’s tendency to jam at the slightest provocation.

No serious injury, and I didn’t even need to call for help. I managed to free myself and walk back to my office, rubbing my smarting scalp, without anyone noticing.

No comments: