Monday, November 3, 2008

Trying to be all Zen and Forgiving and Failing Miserably

You know how you can absolutely adore a friend, to the point of basically worshiping at the altar of their awesomeness, and yet, sometimes, despite that adoration, you occasionally want to kick said friend in the shins for being such a bonehead?

For example, they do something really dumb, or they say something really hurtful and you have to decide if you’re going to call them on it or let it slide?

Right now, I would like to thank every friend that ever let it slide when I did something stupid. Really. Thank you. Because I know how hard it is to look at your friend and think you dummy while smiling and telling them something nice.

I know I’ve been the boneheaded friend a million times, and to each friend that decided not to get offended, who decided that, despite the fact that my mouth moves faster than my brain, I was worth keeping around, I thank you. I appreciate it because right now, in this moment, I understand just how hard it is to let go of something someone said.

No comments: