Thursday, February 19, 2009

Because I'm just too beat to be original

Questions about the mister and I and our relationship. (Another note-thing stolen off of Facebook.)

What are your middle names?
I have two, Colleen and my maiden name. His is John.

How long have you been together?
Married for a year and a half, together for over six.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?

Technically we’ve known each other since I was five (I was in Brownies with his little sister and had a rip-roaring crush on him when I was in junior high). How long did we know each other as adults before dating? About a month.

Who asked whom out?
He asked me.

How old are each of you?
I am 26. He is 29.

Whose siblings do you see the most?
The mister and my little brother are really good friends that get into a lot of trouble together, so we see him a lot. The mister’s sister recently moved closer to us (from Bemidji), so I hope we get to see her and her husband more often.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
We do really well together, actually. Our biggest problems arise when we are both tired, stressed out, or worried and somehow, like gasoline and a match, we explode. He occasionally makes comments that I find really fucking insulting and that’s always a fun couple of days when that happens.

Did you go to the same school?
We went to the same junior high and high school, but we were three years apart.

Are you from the same home town?
Pretty much. Neighboring home towns.

Who is smarter?
We are smart in completely different ways. He is great with numbers and science and geometry and common sense. I am good with words and logical reasoning and useless shit like the literary analysis of country song lyrics.

Who is the most sensitive?
Him.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?

Brit’s Pub.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?

Munich, Germany.

Who has the craziest exes?
Him. Hands down. I only have one true ex to consider, and while that boy was a pile of wrong, he wasn’t crazy. The mister’s exes, though, some of them are straight up certifiable.

Who has the worst temper?
Me.

Who does the cooking?
We tend to scavenge more than cook. He makes breakfast on Saturday and/or Sunday mornings. What little real cooking goes on in our house, I do, because he puts the strangest things together. Like, ground lamb in an alfredo sauce over whole wheat noodles with a side of chips and guacamole. My digestive system is just not up to his cooking, so I do most of it.

Who is the neat-freak?
We’re both pigs. The difference: he gets upset by my laundry pile and I get upset by the pile of smelly workout and outdoor gear he leaves piled right by the door, the better to trip me with when I come staggering in with the groceries. Gah. Also, he puts things ON the trashcan, not IN it. I find this particularly distressing when it comes to dental floss.

Who is more stubborn?
I am stubborn. He is simply tenacious.

Who hogs the bed?
He will say me, but I’m going to call bullshit on that one. It’s him. I used to hog the bed, but getting his elbow in my ribs was a quick teacher. Now I wake up clutching the side of the bed, one leg propped on the floor, while he is comfortably sprawled in the middle of the bed with his head on my damned pillow.

Who wakes up earlier?
During the week, me, whether or not the alarms go off. On the weekends, him. He bounds out of bed at 7-o-freaking-clock, all ready to conquer the world.

Where was your first date?
The Jesse James Days PRCA Rodeo in Northfield. My sandal fell off my foot and plummeted to the top of the Port-a-Potty 15 feet below. The mister trotted down there and retrieved it down for me. Then I got drunk and rode the mechanical bull. And the man called me back for a second date.

Who is more jealous?
He was when we first started dating, but we’re both too lazy for real jealousy to take hold.

How long did it take to get serious?

Not long. A couple of months? I didn’t want to be too serious, since I was heading to Mexico to study for a semester, but well, the best laid plans and all that.

Who eats more?
Him. I eat like a trucker, though, so the fact that he can out-eat me is impressive.

Who does the laundry?
We each do our own. He does his a lot more often than I do mine. I do the sheets and towels and bath mats and slipcovers.

Who's better with the computer?
Me. And that is sad.

Who drives when you are together?
We switch off. He drives when we’re taking one of his vehicles. We switch off driving my car, though, and we almost always take my car because his big truck sucks gas and he keeps his Jeep so stuffed with shit that I risk a concussion every time I get into. Also, the passenger door on the Jeep doesn’t always shut securely, which is fun for me when we’re doing 65 down the interstate. He nags like my old man when I drive, so as often as I can, I make him do it.

No comments: