Thursday, May 28, 2009

Confession

I have used Aveda Shampure shampoo and conditioner for the last couple of years. Once I started buying the giant liter sized bottles, the mister started using it too, since there wasn't room in our tiny shower for my jumbo bottles of Aveda and his small bottle of head and shoulders.

It smelled nice, and I believed it was good for my hair.

A few weeks ago I ran out of conditioner and I just never got around to getting a new bottle of it. Unless we're in the middle of winter, with the super-dry air sapping moisture out of my hair, I only condition once or twice a week anyway because it weighs down my super-straight, very fine hair.

Last week we ran out of shampoo and I just couldn't bring myself to brave the holiday weekend crowds at the Mall of America (the mall closest to my home) to buy more, so I just went to Walgreens and bought a bottle on Pantene.

And my hair has never looked better! I'm using cheap shampoo and no conditioner, and my hair is full of volume and silky smooth. I think I might give up my Aveda habit. At least for shampoo.

2 comments:

NGS said...

Every once in a while your hair needs a different shampoo. If you continue to use Pantene forever and ever, your hair will suffer the consequences. But if you don't want to brave MOA all the time, you can put Pantene in the rotation, switching it with the Aveda or Joico or other fancy stuff at will.

*I am not an expert. Just a girl with hair. Giving unasked for advice. Go me.

Julienne said...

I always switch it up too. And I love the wau Shampure smells, but I just fins that it doesn't work on my hair which SUCKS because I want the smell!