Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 things

This is going around on facebook and since it took me a long time to come up with 25 random things about myself, I'm posting it here, too. Might as well get my mileage.

1. I changed my name when I got married and I wish I hadn’t.
2. I prefer to spend Sunday mornings lazing in bed until noon. This conflicts badly with my husband’s get-up-and-conquer-the-world attitude on weekends.
3. I hated certain aspects of law school, but overall, it was a lot of fun. I met some really wonderful people there and the intellectual challenge was actually pretty enjoyable.
4. I used to be able to play the guitar. I busted out my guitar the other day though, and it was not pretty.
5. I have punched more than one person (not counting my brothers or that time I accidentally punched my college roommate during self-defense class).
6. I once sold salsa for a living.
7. I want to run a marathon, but I find running really boring.
8. When I was growing up my family took several weeks every summer to travel the country in a camper. At the time I wanted a cabin up north, like my friends, or a trip to Disneyworld. But now I’m grateful for every moment we spent in that little pop-up trailer.
9. I swear too much.
10. I am very accident-prone.
11. I am a terrible housewife. I hate doing laundry, cleaning house makes me homicidal, and I only cook if I feel like it.
12. I ride a Yamaha R6.
13. I don’t ski, ice skate, ice fish, play hockey, snowmobile, or snowshoe. I’m pretty sure this can get me kicked out of Minnesota.
14. I find almost all reality TV repugnant.
15. I believe there’s a spot in hell reserved for people that are unnecessarily rude to sales clerks in stores or wait staff in restaurants.
16. I dislike silence and almost always have music playing.
17. I can be petty. And I hold a grudge.
18. I change my own oil.
19. I’m a certified PADI scuba diver. I’ve seen a shark on a dive.
20. Despite being a certified diver, I am a terrible swimmer. TERRIBLE.
21. I have done nearly every home-improvement task there is.
22. I prefer to write with a number two pencil, and not the mechanical kind, either. My preferred brand is the Mirado Black Warrior.
23. I will ignore illness or injury until it becomes so bad someone has to stuff me in a car and drag me to the doctor. Examples: I pinched a nerve in my back and didn’t seek medical attention until my right arm was virtually paralyzed and I couldn’t turn my head; I tore a ligament in my ankle and was all “oh, I can walk it off” until my husband called my mom and tattled on me and the two of them made me go to the doctor.
24. I read the ends of fictional books out of order; I read the first few chapters to get a feel for the characters and the story, then read the ending, then read the rest of the book. I hate not knowing how things end.
25. I’m a sucker for a good love story.

No comments: